Welcome to my 1st blog. I've never been into this blogging thingy before, which i decided to embark on out of fun. And this is how I am gonna kickstart it.
In case you're wondering how come i chose Jedi; any member of the knightly order in Star Wars, which was trained to defend justice and peace in the universe(www.dictionary.com), its juz
simply because i have been an avid fan of it since young and started off when i saw the 1st Star Wars movie(dun noe how long ago it was).
...don't worry! Other than sometimes fantasizing about becoming a Jedi, I'm very normal otherwise. (just abit too normal)
Wednesday, April 30, 2008
So sorry for not updating this blog for as frequently as I wanted to as I have been busy this few days and that it seem to take a long time whenever I wanted to write a post. I guess I'm still not used to it bah.
Speaking of which, I recently started a new job at OCBC working under this Securities dept. At first I thought it should be kind of an enriching experience for me to be there as it is actually dealing with shares trading even though it is only a 1 month assignment. Come to think of it now, it was just wishful thinking on my part. On the 1st day, I went to the HR dept to report for work and was already made to wait for 20 min before the HR personnel could attend to me( they were also attending to a bunch of interns at the same time which I went in too initially, realising it only after all of them made some intro about themselves. Sianz its so embarrassing la and why is it happening to me on my starting day?) and direct me to the dept which I will working at. After that, I went there and waited until I was joined by Charles(another temp), followed by another 2 hr wait while waiting for the PC to be set up. Not that I was complaining being paid for doing nothing but its just that we run out of topics to talk about(I really tried my best to be proactive). In the end, I was just stoning my life away while sporadically trying to strike a conversation. Was actually quite 'gan dong' when I later received an sms from Yi Xiang that he wanted to lunch with me; thinking that I have no lunch buddy on my 1st day. Since then, both of us were doing boring data entry; going through piles of statements checking for discrepancies. Not your idea kind of job though, when we are the only temps around(not sure about other depts though) and I haven really click with the perms yet; maybe coz of generation gap bah.
Come to think of it, Citibank is actually a better place to be in, discounting the jobscope though. Not that I'm regretting my decision to quit(am I?) but I think Man are just like that, never seem to be satisfied and keep asking for more and when things go wrong, you start to question yourself why did you make this decision. I, for 1, dun deny that I think this way too; I mean who doesn't wish for everything in life to be good. I guess this is part and parcel of life(you have to accept that sometimes things are never meant to go your way) and I still have a long way to go to learn how to really give and take with an open heart.
A hr have juz passed away since is I started this entry. To end it off, below are some photos which I took with Gk, Yi Xiang and Raymond last Sun at Chijmes. Kindda regret going there though, not really what I expected it to be..........


Well, looking on the bright side, having this job is at least way better than being surrounded by 4 walls with nothing to do. Hopefully for the next 1 mth, things there will go better and make my stint more enjoyable. Till then................May the Force guide me and be with me(you too of course).
...the dark lord came, and left